Shipping cosmetic and skincare products can be tricky since the ingredients in the product might not be accepted by Customs in different countries. It will affect Customs clearance process. Check out this guide to restrictions for international shipping and tips on how to ship cosmetic products overseas in 4 steps from our Spaceship Logistic Specialist!
Planning to ship Christmas gifts to your loved one before holiday seasons? Spaceship is here to help! Get $50 off for your Christmas on Spaceship!
Can you ship cosmetic products overseas?
- Face masks: sheet masks, mud masks, gel masks
- Paste-textured products: gel eyeliner, lipsticks, eyebrow gel, mascara, eyebrow pencil
- Gel and cream texture products: cosmetic foundations, essence
What to note before shipping cosmetic and skincare products?
There are few types of cosmetic and skincare products that cannot be shipped via international courier service due to their ingredients, so don’t forget to check the ingredient list before shipping out your items!
Here is a list of cosmetic and skincare products that CANNOT be shipped overseas via international courier services:
- Products with alcohol: e.g. make-up removers, toners
Alcohol is regarded as flammable items and dangerous goods. Don’t forget to check the ingredient list!
- Items that contain medicinal ingredients, e.g. whitening products, products with steroid, ointment
- Nail polishers
- Perfumes and fragrance
- powder products: compact powder, powder foundation, blushers
- Compressed containers, compressed spray: including sunscreen spray, moisturising spray, compressed body lotion, deodorant spray, shaving cream
What to note before shipping liquid products?
- Liquid products, like toners, sunscreen, shampoo, since it’s difficult to determine if it’s categorised as dangerous goods, items without ingredient labels are not recommended for shipments
Tutorial on shipping cosmetic foundation overseas
Shipping cosmetic foundations from Hong Kong to the US via Spaceship
Instant Courier Comparison
- Pick the origin and the destination of your parcel
- Select the parcel type and enter the estimated weight of your parcel
- You can simply enter the estimated weight. This estimated weight will be used to calculate the approximate shipping fee for this shipment. The actual amount will be calculate based on the actual weight measured by the courier company
- Click 【 Continue 】 and get instant quotes from various local and international courier providers
Based on the information you provided, Spaceship will immediately compare your shipping options displaying shipping time and costs of various local and international courier services. Delivery options are sorted by price from low to high, so you can find the bet options for you at a glance
Enter Parcel Details
- Pick 【 Health Care, Cosmetics or Food 】& 【 Cosmetics, skin care or hair care products 】for Item Category
- For Item Declaration Details, please fill in 【 Cosmetic foundation 】
Enter Pick-up Details
- Enter the information for pick-up service in Hong Kong and the recipient’s details in the U.S.
- After confirming the reservation details and estimated shipping fee, enter your contact information and credit card details. Then, press confirm to submit
- If you would like to use a coupon, please enter the discount code and select your coupon
- Once the shipment is confirmed, Spaceship will charge your credit card with the estimated shipping fee
- Once your shipment is completed, courier company with issue official shipment details in 2-3 weeks, listing the actual size and weight of your parcel. Spaceship will then collect or refund the difference
- The more accurate the information you entered when estimating the shipment fee, the difference will be minimized
Before shipping cosmetics and skincare products
- When shipping liquid products, remember to store your items in the original unopened container. The package should clearly label the ingredient list
- For packing your parcel, please use paper box and wrap your items with wrapping bubble so the parcel will be well-protected
- Before shipping out your parcel, fill in the details for Customs declaration form, including the quantity, weight, volume (e.g. Lipstick x 1, Shampoo 200 ml)
For more details, check out Spaceship’s guide on Duties & Tax